Tuesday, 1 August 2017

A New Visitor to Prunella's Patch...




This Summer has been one for sitting outside in the warmth and enjoying the sights and sounds of nature. 
One dear little friend has been sadly missing throughout the Spring and early Summer months of this year. Prunella's friend the Red Robin...



 She has sorely missed him hopping around the flower beds whilst weeding. 
She has missed him visiting her bird table whilst indulging in afternoon tea and cakes.
Yes, her lovely neighbour has Robins, but much to her dismay they haven't really ventured into Prunella's Patch. Not like her dear old friend.
Imagine her joy when this little youngster started visiting...


 He is a little shy and a little wary but Prunella is hoping it wont be long before he too is following her around the garden.
💗
This has been a good year for Prunella's red rose Munstead Wood. It has flowered continuously with the most delicious scent...



This red Harlequin Ladybird has been doing an excellent job of keeping the greenfly at bay...


 Large self seeded dark red poppies found their way into Prunella's flowerbeds much to the delight of the bees and hoverflies...





Since this post's theme is red, last but not least, Prunella's favourite visitor, Ed the magnificent Red Kite...



xXx
Until the next time, keep smiling,
 stay safe, happy and healthy.
Hugs to all.
xXx


Thank you kindly for your visit.
We dearly appreciate your comments and hope you had as much fun reading Prunella's Blog as we had writing it.   
Happy Blogging!

Sharing with Riitta's
 Floral Bliss #32

 

 


18 comments:

  1. Oh what a Rose - beautiful :) The yougster is so pretty isn't it Prunella?
    I wish a nice evening, greetings from Germany
    Kirsi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the young robin is a cutie. They are beautiful birds, maybe your Kite visitor is scaring the song birds away. Your roses and poppies are gorgeous. Lovely photos and post. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent pictures! The robin is just lovely and the roses look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet photo of the ladybug and the rose but really all of the images are special!!

    your robins are different than ours, much cuter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prunella's red rose and red poppies look gorgeous. Red robins are so sweet, I understand why Prunella misses him. I do wish that Prunella and the newcomer make good friends soon <3 Wishing a great garden day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a lovely post! Prunella's Red Rose is such a beauty, and so is Mr. Robin! I love them too, and I am always so happy, when I can watch them in the garden!
    I am sure, Prunella and the Newcomer will get friends too :O)
    Wishing you a happy day,
    Love and hugs to you, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Prunella, what a beautiful garden you have to enjoy!
    I must admit my favourite is Ed.
    Really outstanding.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Prunella!:) How wonderful that a baby robin has ventured into your garden, he is so sweet, and so is the pretty lady bug, doing such an important job. The red rose and poppy are beautiful, and so is your favourite visitor, Ed the splendid Red Kite. Thank you for this glimpse into your patch, and I hope this turns out to be a RED-LETTER day for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Prunella. You seem to have a red theme ongoing today. I'm so pleased that young Robin came to see and i hope you soon strike up a friendship. Your red flowers are beautiful and of course that Red Kite. I am so jealous that I never see any Red Kites in Lancashire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful colours, wonderful flowers, wonderful photos...
    Yesterday I took my first photos of the common kestrel that is now visiting our patch. I will post some photos... and continue dreaming of taking bird photos like yours.
    Happy August! It can be a wonderful month - I wish you warm, sweet-scented evenings in the lantern light, and send you big hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear the young robin as come to your garden.
    Beautiful photos and colors.
    Favorite is the ladybird on the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure that Prunella considers herself very fortunate to have a young Robin as a friend. I am sure its parents approve of the relationship too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely this post is! I love Prunella's "selfie" with the rose, and I love those wild poppies with their feathered petals as well. :-) They are so pretty!
    The red kite looks very majestic. When I was child, his cousins (I guess they were black kites) liked to steal the chicken from my grandparents' garden, so when I saw one of them in the sky, I ran clapping and shouting to the backyard to frighten him off. :-)
    I'm so sad because of Prunella's missing old friend, but the young red robin will surely make friends with her soon.
    Have a wonderful day! Big hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved to see the little Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Prunella, so marvellous red blooms around you and I hope, the young robin will come more often for a visit.
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the robin looks good, I love these birds.
    Also good to see Ed the rather magnificent Red Kite.

    I can almost smell the flowers while looking at your photo's. The garden looks delightful ... may we have lots more summer days so you can continue to enjoy it.

    My good wishes for August.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much glorious beauty for Prunella to enjoy in her garden. No wonder the baby robin, bees and my favourite - ladybird, are visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos !!! You have lovely visitors to your garden !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete