Wednesday, 19 July 2017

The Sparrow Squatters...





Prunella would like to share this image taken at a campsite she visited recently. A very small but unique shed, set in a woodland clearing...


The hand crafted bird house is exceptionally cute. Especially with it's little fenced veranda to match that of the shed's below...


No doubt at nightfall, the beautiful bluebell solar light with glass petals, will bring the magical woodland garden to life. The perfect place to capture a glimpse of Fairies at play.


Sadly Prunella doesn't have any Fairies at the bottom of her garden. 
She can but dream...


 She does however, have a family of Sparrows. They have set up home in a Neighbour's loft space...



One of the squatters is the delightfully delicate Sigourney Sparrow...



  Sigourney is the partner of the comical Siegfried Sparrow who is a cheeky little chappy...




There are times when Sigourney Sparrow finds Siegfried Sparrow intensely annoying...









One little lady who witnessed this spectacle, prefers to take the safer option of picking up the fallen seeds from the ground below.
Who can blame her...



Sigourney Sparrow is a diligent mother who tries hard not to give the whereabouts of her young chicks away...





 This little one wouldn't stay still for more than two seconds.
It kept disappearing into the depths of the log pile...





 Such a precious expression.
 "Hurry up Mum, I'm hungry!"



xXx
Until the next time, keep smiling,
 stay safe, happy and healthy.
Hugs to all.
xXx


Thank you kindly for your visit.
We dearly appreciate your comments and hope you had as much fun reading Prunella's Blog as we had writing it.   
Happy Blogging!



 

23 comments:

  1. Amazing photos, once more, Prunella, and the names of the characters are wonderful. Sigourney Sparrow sounds smart and elegant, and Siegfried Sparrow does sound comical. :)
    Our small birds seem to have disappeared - a bird that to me looks like a common kestrel is often seen near our home. It would be lovely to be able to photograph it.
    Have a lovely rest of the week! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "unwanted house guests" - i have a few!! they don't get near the credit that they deserve. no color but their feather pattern is intricate and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like the Birdfamilies so much and Prunella I dream with you ;-)
    Greetings from a very hot Germany today
    Kirsi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I had much fun reading this post.
    And the photos are so beautiful.
    Thank you also visiting my blog!
    Edith from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love the cute shed and the birdhouse. Sweet photos of your Sparrow family. Fun post and great photos. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!:) The handcrafted shed and birdhouse is so cute, and the bluebell solar light is pretty too. It must look really, pretty at night. Your sparrow shots are so sweet. I like these plucky birds, and the photos of Prunella dreaming of fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sweet friend, what a darling little post! Oh, how I enjoyed visiting this morning and seeing your lovely pictures :)

    Many, many thanks for the delightful visit to my blog...your comments bring great joy to my heart.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastically brilliant photos my friend!

    She is most cutest doll I ever saw!!!

    I enlarged and found this bird house magnificent my friend.

    Glad that our sparrow resembles with one you captured fabulously

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little garden shed!! I love it.
    Excellent photos of everything. You also have some great action shots of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prunella your Garden shed is just gorgeous! and I love sparrows but they rarely visit my garden, they prefer urban areas here. Greetings from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing photos! Sigourney and Siegfried are really pretty! I could hardly stop reading of Prunella's adventures... I think I became her fan. :-)
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog!
    Have a beautiful day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the little cute shed and the bird house in the 1st and 2nd photo. We have many sparrows here but I do not know their specific names. You have shot some amazing shots of the sparrows and the little babies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's again nice to read your bird stories. The pictures fit perfect!
    Thanks Prunella

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prunella looks so happy amongst her flowers. Not surprising with their wonderful colours, on a sunny day and with the sparrow family antics to observe. Such a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigourney and Siegfried squabbling? No! Now why does that sound like any other married couple? I hope they raise a robust brood and enjoy a long life. They'll both have a new partner next year so that's something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well spotted, Prunella, this is a wonderful place, the perfect setting for a fairy tale.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a very nice post as well as very nice pictures.
    The barn is really nice to see and also the house of the mus is amazing. The mice themselves could put you beautiful in the picture :-)
    I enjoyed your post.

    Best regards, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure that Siefried is not squabbling with his nearest and dearest. Seems to me he rather likes her. I'll send you a little book about the birds and the bees Prunella!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, so sweet !!! I love birds and I really like watching them!
    Your bird photos are really gorgeous !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your garden, Prunella. How lovely photos! Sooooooo cute birds!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Prunella,
    your Blog is so wonderful! I just found you, because you visited my Knuffelbaers :O) Thank you for this and your kind words there!
    And thank you for wonderful Posts from thos e sparrows! Now I will look arround here a bit more, and I will come back :O)
    Have a wonderful week,
    Love and hugs,
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prunella, those birds are lovely I wish I could find a feeder like that! I must say I am in love with your blue hydrangeas, they are so blue and the leaves very green and healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Prunella Pepperpot's Magical Christmas Gift...

  December has arrived and the year is almost at an end.  This will be Prunella's last post until the New Year.  Time to spend...