Saturday, 18 February 2017

Down in the Dumps...





Prunella was feeling rather glum. The Winter had been so depressingly long, exceptionally chilly, and very damp.
Prunella had a severe case of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) or a case of the winter blues. 
There had been far too many grey dismal days that she hid herself away in an old shoe box and wallowed in her own self pity feeling thoroughly miserable.




So unlike Prunella Pepperpot as she was normally such a cheerful little soul exuding a warm glow from within that would brighten even the dullest of days and warm the cockles of your heart.
Believe it or not, what bothered Prunella most was the fact that in Prunella's Patch there had been no significant snowfall. The odd snowflake yes of course, but nothing that settled to give her garden that special magical glistening carpet of crisp white snow she so longed for. 
 Why you may ask?
She had long dreamt of lying down flat on her back on top of soft powdery snow, arms outstretched creating her very own snow angel.
Her grass was covered in ice, far too hard to make any impression, much as she tried!



 
 On this particular day in February, Prunella was sat gazing out of her kitchen window wondering what today had in store, when out of the blue flew her friend Hermon Heron.
He landed rather clumsily in Ed the Red Kite's favourite conifer tree overlooking Prunella's garden.
He knew there were tasty pickings to be had in the neighbours' pond!
Ed was unmoved.

 

 


This was indeed a pleasant surprise, enough in fact to make Prunella smile widely, dust off the cobwebs and go outside to enjoy some invigorating fresh air.
She may not have the snow drifts she wished for but her garden was carpeted in beautiful drifts of pure white snowdrops.






If that wasn't enough to lift her spirits she was delighted to see her Christmas Rose in full bloom.







Suddenly a little light bulb went off in her head and she rushed indoors muttering to herself,
"If I can't make my very own snow angel I shall create my very own flour fairy!" 




 Feeling much happier she decided to bake a cake since the flour was already close to hand.
Staying on a garden theme what could be more fitting than a deliciously moist Carrot Cake...





Cake anyone?



Until the next time, 
stay safe, happy and healthy. 
Hugs to all.

xXx  



Thank you kindly for your visit and we dearly appreciate your comments. 
We hope you had as much fun reading Prunella's Blog as we had writing it.
Happy Blogging!







 

17 comments:

  1. Good evening! It was lovely to see this post. :)
    Reading it I too became happier and happier and my smile became wider and wider. The delicate beauty of the snowdrops and of the Christmas Rose makes everyone more cheerful. I hope Prunella will soon have many warm and bright and fragrant spring days.
    The cake looks super tasty. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see this post.

    Winter can leave us feeling down in the dumps ... but it looks like you've been having fun Prunella!!!

    Those snowdrops are so lovely and the Christmas Rose so beautiful, as for playing in the flour and then baking a cake - well - what a great idea!!!

    Enjoy your weekend and the warmer weather the Caribbean Vortex is bringing the UK over these next few days

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. My day brightened considerably when I discovered Prunella had managed to dust off the cobwebs and find the beauty in her garden. So glad she shared her delightful snowdrops and Christmas Roses.
    I hope she has friends close enough to share her cake with. I would love to pop in to see the garden and taste the cake, but I fear Prunella would have eaten it all, before I arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Prunella was sad but glad she is happy again. : ) Love the snow drops - so pretty.
    I do enjoy making snow angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Prunella. I am sorry you have not received much snow. I like the cute snow angel you made. The Kite and Heron are both awesome visitors, lucky you! Happy Sunday, enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Prunella !! Always nice to visit your blog !! I love your beautiful colored posts!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely happy post, I'm so glad you found a snow angel Prunella. I love your snowdrops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been looking for signs of spring - and here you are! Prunella, it is so good to see you again, the cockles of my heart are well and truly warmed now. Enjoy that carrot cake.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww, so sweet and a great way to make your own fun. the winters can be long and gray, i aways try to amuse myself with indoor projects and crafts - so the time flies faster!!

    our winter has been pretty mild but i was lucky enough to make myself a beautiful snow angel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad she is feeling better...and has cake! Love those sweet snowdrops and the wonderful bird photos! It's bright and sunny here in Florida if she wants to make a trip! heehee! Enjoy your week! Wishing you lots of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Prunella, what a darling little angel you made! And that cake looks absolutely delicious! Yes, I would love a piece {{smiles}}

    I am ever so glad that you are feeling better and I truly hope you have a most beautiful week! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The spring is coming Prunella - I know that. In Germany last week we had 15° and the sun always shining!
    This week is it rainy - but the sun will comes back!
    Greetings
    Kirsi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snowdrops!

    And roses!

    You must be in a warmer place, that I am.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Prunella. We all get a little SAD during our British winter so we do really have to find lots to occupy our minds and bodies and not dwel on the grey days. We've not had snow either and just a handful of frosts. never mind it will soon be spring. With such a lovely attractive garden why don'y you invest in a few bird feeders and a bag of niger and/or sunflowere seed? Soon your garden will be filled with Goldfinches and Greenfinches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to know that Prunella is up and about again. I was also pleased to see Ed the Red Kite and Hermon Heron. We saw red kites when we went down to the English Home Counties and I thought of Prunella's birdie friend, but I couldn't get a good photo. However, I was happy to get a photo of a heron as we walked by the river! What a lovely cake! I'm sure you all enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog and your beautiful photo's! I am now following your blog and G+. Inviting you to follow me too. Thank you. Have a lovely day!
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete