Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Orange October...




 It was a beautiful sunny day in October
On days like these Prunella loves nothing more than to be out and about enjoying the sights and sounds of nature...


She spotted this cute little chappy scratching around in search of a small morsel for his rumbling tum... 


 In the bushes was Robin Redbreast singing such a beautiful song. 
Prunella thought he was looking particularly handsome today with not a feather out of place...


Just at that moment in time a shower of acorns fell upon poor Prunella. When she had regained her composure she looked up and there was Sally Squirrel sitting high on a branch in the old oak tree devouring a small acorn...

 
Prunella has a passion for flowers and fortunately at this time of year there are still plenty of beautiful flowers to be admired
 Some gorgeous cyclamen growing in the shade of  a horse chestnut tree...



Flowers and foliage in rich autumnal shades..







The vibrant orange coloured flowers remind Prunella that it is almost time to find herself a Halloween Pumpkin...





 Perhaps if she speaks nicely to the local Head Gardener and his faithful companion they will save a very special pumpkin just for her...


Prunella wishes everyone a fabulous October...



 Until the next time, 
stay safe, happy and healthy. 
Hugs to all.

xXx  



Thank you kindly for your visit and we dearly appreciate your comments. 
We hope you had as much fun reading Prunella's Blog as we had writing it.
Happy Blogging!


Linking with Riitta K's Flower Wednesday 19
 






Wild Bird Wednesday 219

 




17 comments:

  1. Dear Prunella,
    your post put a broad smile on my face and I think I'll continue smiling the entire night in my dreams! The little bird stretching was so adorable and cute. Not to mention the handsome head gardener and his assistant! Smiling and laughing makes us hapy and makes us live longer - so thank you! I'm sure the head gardener shall give one great orange Halloween pumpkin to Prunella - he seems to have surplus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy October to you too, dearest Prunella, may it be filled with all the joy you deserve, sweetie !
    Thank you for your stunning post, actually my heart is overflowing with gladness ...

    Hope you're having the best of weeks,
    I'm sending my dearest love to you
    with so much gratitude

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Prunella, I am absolutely delighted you linked with Today's Flowers. Thank you so much! I truly appreciate the support, and also sharing your beautiful photos :) I took the liberty of correcting your crop and replaced it with what I think you had in mind. Please let me know if this is okay or if you would prefer me not to do that in the future. I just wanted everyone to give your thumbnail center attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great shots but the tree at the very beginning has an element of magnificence about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post today Prunella. You are such an accomplished photographer, especially when it comes to close-ups of flowers. I certainly hope that friendly gardener saves you the best and biggest pumpkin.


    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Prunella what a wonderful post to read and look at ... you always make me smile, thank you.
    I'm sure that if you speak nicely to the local Head Gardener and his faithful companion they will save a very special pumpkin just for you...
    Enjoy this wonderful month of October and the glorious colour it gives us.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. we like the same things!!! the flowers are beautiful, lovely colors!! nice captures of our feathered friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a lovely time looking around and seeing so many beautiful flowers on that sunny day, Prunella. Sally Squirrel was happy enjoying the acorns. No doubt Robin Redbreast was also looking for something to eat. There are many berries available now so I'm sure he'll be pleased to find them. I hope Head Gardener keeps a pumpkin for you. Wishing you pleasant October days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are simply lovely and the flowers are just so colorful! I like the pumpkins a lot since I don't get to see the big orange ones here in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see all the flowers and birds in the garden, Prunella! (And Sally Squirrel, too) Such beautiful photos! I hope you find the perfect pumpkin. I'm going to the pumpkin patch this weekend with my little grandson. I am so excited! I hope the rest of your week is filled with beautiful October sunshine! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!:) A fabulous sunny October right back to you Prunella, and thank you for this happy post, which made me smile, seeing all the lovely colourful flowers and pumpkins. You look really pretty in your last photo!:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prunella takes such amazing bird photos! :)
    I wish I could manage to get sharp photos like these. I also wish we had oaks, the squirrels would surely appreciate them.
    Prunella has also photographed lovely flowers and cheerful pumpkins.
    Big October hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a delightful post of Prunella's early autumn adventures. I found 'spring' at the beginning of the week and today it is summer with temperatures of 32C and the garden wilting. My son in Banff woke to winter with a heavy snow fall outside his window, so now we have captured the 4 seasons in one week. I hope the blue sky and sunshine stay warm enough for Prunella to keep getting out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colours..... I love the marigold and pumpkins.....they glow with warmth and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dearest Prunella, what a delightful and charming post. I agree that the sweet Robin is looking is looking particularly handsome :)

    Thank you for sharing such lovely photos. My October day has been extra blessed by you. Hugs and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing all this autumn beauty! Hope that Prunella has learned not to sit under that oak this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spectacular images! Hope Prunella is having a wonderful October!

    ReplyDelete