Monday, 13 June 2016

Prunella and the Kite!




Prunella can sit for what seems hours watching the Red Kite in the sky above her garden swirling and calling to one another. Their cries constantly repeated and carried in the breeze.
A magnificently graceful bird of prey saved from national extinction by a long running protection programme.
Try as she may to catch a photo of this stunning bird in flight, she has been somewhat unsuccessful. 




Imagine her delight when one settled on top of a nearby tree and even waited patiently for her to dash indoors and pick up her camera!!





One day she will capture her perfect in flight shot!


 Until the next time stay safe, happy and healthy.
Hugs to all.
xXx

Thank you kindly for your visit and we dearly appreciate your kind comments.
We hope you had as much fun reading Prunella's Blog as we had writing it!
Happy Blogging!


8 comments:

  1. Hello, beautiful sighting and great shots of the Red Kite. It is an awesome bird. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos, Prunella!
    I needed to google Red Kite. They visit Finland sometimes, but I don't think to have ever seen them... and can only dream of photographing one. :)
    Wishing you a happy week full of fragrant roses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another stunning post, dearest Prunella, and for following ~ My little old world ~ I'm so very proud to have you amongst my faithful friends !

    Hope your week is off to a good start I'm wishing you most wonderful days to come
    with utmost gratitude

    Xx Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. Beautiful and graceful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prunella.....you are very clever with that camera of yours! What a beautiful and majestic bird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful capture of an amazing bird! xx K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, sweet friend! Oh, what a delight to pop in for a visit! How I have missed you and your charming blog while away on my break.

    I must say that I was thrilled to see Prunella's photos...my, what a majestic bird! Thank you for sharing :) Hugs and joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Prunella, its my first visit to your blog _ I found you through Orchid Miyako's blog and I am very glad I did! I'm guessing you live in the western half of the UK if you have kites...although we have seen one here in East Anglia. I absolutely love them! A very exciting bird to spot.
    Look forward to following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete